Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My New Year's Resolution…



stop procrastinating.
Not really. That's a little too much to ask, I think. Hence the {irony} of the post title.
Here's another {irony}: One of my actual New Year's Resolutions is to


* break my Internet / computer addiction!
The {irony} being that I also want to
* blog more!
and
* read for pleasure!
and
* be more tidy!


So the combination of all of this really adds up to an 
Umbrella

{via flickr}

Resolution:
Use the time I am given wisely.
see, the problem I have is that really, 
I have the 

{via flickr}
for all the things that need doing (playing with nannybaby E., going to class, writing papers, eating, yoga, dating my husband, reading, etc.) but I waste it all online.
For example, I just wasted 2 hours of my Life trying to find out 
how to change the fonts in my Blogger template...
when it turns out (I think?) that I can just write my post
in Word {yuckies}
and then copy/paste.


Meanwhile, my grad school application essays still aren't done.
Neither is the laundry.


See what I mean?


It would be a much smaller deal to declare my intention to blog more
if the rest of my life weren't spent trying to
GET OFF THE COMPUTER


Hence my recent trip…

to the Boston Public Library.
I've decided that it is an absolutely atrocious
state of affairs when an English major, of all things,
should spend her free time doing anything but reading!


So far I have brought home 12 books*
*and yes, classes start next Friday
and have yet to hook up my Goodreads account** so that you can see what I'm reading!
**the {irony} of course being that even to read a paper-in-my-hands book
I still need the computer... pathetic...


What are you procrastinating on?
What were your New Year's Resolutions?
How do you get yourself off the interwebz when real life calls?







Now, about that personal statement…


No comments:

Post a Comment