Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Favorites

… I need a better title than that! anybody find good weekday alternatives to "Things I Love Thursday," for those of us who can't make it to the blog on Thursdays?

this week I love:
my family

this is my Mamãe.
 she was born in Brazil, but her father was German 
and
her mother was American.
so she has a
{beautiful}
Brazilian accent tinted with German.
she is a
social worker
and she works with the Brazilian immigrant community!
she loves reading.
she has lots of freckles.
in our family, we assign Pooh characters.

Mamãe is
  because she likes to write poems
(not because she is a Bear of Very Little Brain.)

next…
this is my Balou.
he is from everywhere because he was a
Navy brat.
  he started growing his hair and beard out when he was in college at MIT
(1 million years ago!)
so even if he did have any freckles 
he has probably forgotten where they are.
he works in computer security and helped to design
Kerberos
which everybody uses for password protection - like Hotmail and stuff!

he is


because he knows a lot of things and is always ready to tell you them.
also, he has many friends and relations.

Next...


this is my Thaïs.
a.k.a. "That Girl" and "Me-Too."
she is rather grown-up compared to here:
she wants to be a 
shoe designer
when she grows up!

she loves 
{Shakespeare}
 she looks just like our Mamãe!
…but with fewer freckles.

and she is
because she is rather small
and worries about things
and we have a picture*
*(lost in the sands of time in the closet behind her chair)
of her as a toddler
with a
BIG BUNCH OF BALLOONS!
she also appreciates Expotitions. 

Then…
 
here is my Tycho.
he is rather grown up too.
he likes reading
and animals
and recreating battle scenes with Playmobil:
he looks like me when i was little…
but he is growing into himself rather nicely.
i don't think he has many freckles. 
he and Thaïs have the same birthday! 3 years apart!

i would argue that he is 

because he has lots of Interesting Anecdotes
and if you ask him a question, you're sure to get an answer.
but Mamãe and Thaïs insist that he is
because he spends an inordinate amount of time saying
look at me!!!
to which i must sigh and agree.
however, until he got his hair cut,
he looked much more like
than anyone else in the 100-Acre Wood.


Finally…
this is me.
I am studying 
{English literature!}
because
I lovelovelove reading.
I also love writing complicated things about what I read.
I love romantic dates
and sparkles
and pink things
and toddlers
and someday I will have a beautiful
{bakery}
image courtesy flickr
where I will sell cookies.cupcakes.baguettes.cakes.croissants
and all kinds of other delicious things.

I am also
because I talk very fast
and I'm rather bouncy
and I am unendingly cheerful
and sometimes I say "worraworra."

The End.
(Fear not, future Favorite Days will not be nearly this long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment